Wednesday, 1 February 2017

The Return of Billy Childish

To say the 'boy' is back suggests the 'boy'  in question has been away and of course nothing could be further from the truth. Nonetheless, Billy Childish, a boy by name choice only, is about to have an exhibition of his new works in New York City. 

Apparently, his new stuff is to be shown in a booth (forgive my ignorance here but I am unsure what one is in reference to art) at ADAA in March.  Art Dealers Association of America is a non-profit organisation whose prime function is to support and promote art in all its various guises. This is a thing it has been doing for some fifty years or so. Such establishments should be welcomed. New art by Billy Childish certainly is.

I received the following images from Isabella Kairis Icoz, who kindly sent me notification of the forthcoming event by E-mail.

From the work I have seen, those below being but a taster, then I think Billy continues to give us some incredibly colourful pictures created in a style that is unmistakably his.

american landscape


chinese lanterns


birch trees and mountain
.
.
.
Russell Cuts the Corn From The Brewers Whiskers.

No comments: