Tuesday, 25 October 2016

For My Children (and their children)



you are the snake oil for my charm.
you are the muscle for my arm.
you are the backbone for my spine.
you are the reason, you are the rhyme.
you are the dovetail for my joint.
you the question that makes my point.
you are the sunshine and my shade.
you are the forest for my glade.
you are the key fob for my chain.
you are the signal for my train.
you are the cloud that patterns my sky.
you are the wherefore, you are the why.
you are the fretboard for my string.
you are the song that i must sing.
you are the butter for my toast.
you are the letter that i must post.
you are the journey i must make
you are the drug i long to take.
you are the gift that birthdays bring
but more than that you are everything.


you are the surf that breaks my shore.

you are the nail that hooks my claw.
you are the dust that drifts my plain.
you are the light through my window pane.
you are the chessboard on which i play.
you are the window that frames my day.
you are the haven from my storm.
winter wet and summer warm.
you are the glory in my defeat.
you make the stars in heaven complete.
you are the lungs that give me breath.
you make sense of my eventual death.
you are the gravity in which i fall.
you are the reason to make that call.
you are the words that i must write
and in every sentence i delight.
you are the scent of my perfume.
you are the secrets of my room.
you are the joy that living can bring
but more than that you are everything.
.
.
.
Russell Cuts the Corn From The Brewers Whiskers.

No comments: