Monday, 15 August 2016

"There's a temple on an island,I think of all the Gods and what they feel,You can only find them in the deepest silence, I got to get off of this big wheel."


The path is sometimes arduous and filled with self-deceits. It is hard enough to have to contend with the deception of others without having to manage your own deceits; nonetheless, mostly as a defense mechanism, they come. To attain some sort of peace you have to let go of a multiplicity of things: ego, rage, (which comes from fear or hurt), desire, and avarice. Seeking happiness is in itself a false path. It misleads you by its promise, its possibility and its aspiration to follow a course that it would be better to ignore. Seeking happiness is like looking for success: it will come if you don’t pursue it, it will come through silence. When seeking self-change you need first to find silence. 
.
.
.
Russell Cuts the Corn From The Brewers Whiskers.

1 comment:

Cara H said...

I was never good with the paradoxes, I fear.
Of course I'm a paradox myself.
The monkey mind always chatters at me when I attempt to seek silence.