Sunday, 27 April 2008

Custard


When this post first appeared on another blog site it received 5,500 pageviews. Why?????

Let's be honest here, unless you are raving mad or have some unfortunate health issues, there are few culinary delights, even if you are French, that can better Custard. It is a creamy delight on its own or with Rhubarb or Treacle Tart or (wait for it) Spotted Dick. Personally, and yes I know it is both sacrilegious and crass, I like to slice the corner off a Birds Eye packet of ready made custard and pump the yellow stuff down my gullet. Whatever you do, please do not tell either my wife of mother as collectively they would beat me black and blue and we all know the best colour is yellow.




Below is the traditional powder (just like Mum used to use) and also the prepared packet stuff. Custard…YUM!









.
.
.
aNOtHEr dIp INtO ThE mAGpIE mEMOrY pOOoL.








.
.
.
Russell Cuts the Corn From The Brewers Whiskers.

No comments: