Monday, 25 March 2013

Anarchy in the UK Coming Soon? (Don't be daft it's my birthday)

 
 
 
 







So then, another year has passed and as it has departed more follicles have fled the old bonce. My once luxuriant growth of fine locks have gone into retreat leaving my forehead shiny like a reflective mirror. What to do?
Shave it all off is one option. Doing a comb over is not. A little dignity never goes amiss and tugging what remains of your hair from one ear to the other is not growing old disgracefully but making oneself look a proper merchant banker.  (That phrase for those who do not understand Cockney rhyming slang is rather rude and not dissimilar to my American friend’s expression ‘jerk-off’ (English is so fluid ain’t it?)
These set of face pulling exercises shown here gives full view of the Duffy Dome. I have even considered growing my hair again, combing it back like Jack (there is only one Nicholson) and flipping the bird (cool huh? Just like a proper yank!) to anyone who gives a fig about receding hair. I confess I would rather not be losing my hair but it isn’t the worst thing that can happen to a man is it? And besides, today I am fifty nine and really would sooner celebrate that event, as I will later with my children, than the rapidly disappearing fringe that is racing away from my nose. And yes, it is rather a proud lump so the less said about that the better
Happy Birthday to me then.


.
.
.


all words and art are copyright © of Russell 'C.J' Duffy.To view my books on Amazon/Kindle go here: https://www.amazon.com/author/russellduffy -- For another side of CJ go here: sOMeThiNg For tHE wEeKeND, SiR?

5 comments:

Karen said...

A proper merchant banker is a bleedin' wanker? Happy Birthday to you then!

Russell Duffy said...

LOL. Just the end bit. the bleedin' would probably not be used. thanks.

The Real Cie said...

A birthday is always a good reason for a little anarchy.
I don't give a flying fig about a balding pate. Just don't ever, ever, ever do the comb-over. Those are obnoxious.
Damn word verifications always remind me about my aging eyes. "The word verification didn't match the type that you can't fucking see!"

Karen said...

Russell, I hope you don't mind if I use your blog to tell The Real Cie to get over fucking self ... We all have our own problems and most of us don't have the time to keep up with hers!

Vanessa V Kilmer said...

Happy belated Birthday, Russell. Bald men are sexy. I hope you had a fun day.