Saturday, 16 February 2013

:
:
:
“Read, read, read. Read everything -- trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master. Read! You'll absorb it.
Then write. If it's good, you'll find out. If it's not, throw it out of the window.”
:
William Faulkner
:
:
:
.
.
.
all words and art are copyright © of Russell 'C.J' Duffy.To view my books on Amazon/Kindle go here: https://www.amazon.com/author/russellduffy -- For another side of CJ go here: sOMeThiNg For tHE wEeKeND, SiR?

6 comments:

Lily Strange said...

I used to be a very prolific reader. I could read an entire book in a day. After I started taking Lithium, something happened to that ability. I stopped flying off the handle, cussing people out, and punching holes in walls. But I could no longer sit down and focus that intensely any more. I know I can never stop taking Lithium in this lifetime, just like a diabetic can never stop taking insulin. But sometimes I do miss my intensity and my ability to single-mindedly focus on something like I used to.

Shadow Lor said...

I keep getting people knocking on my door demanding I stop littering skeins of paper all about.

Monkeys with typewriters are showing me up, somewhere >.>

Blackempress said...

That's so true but there's an original author within that ought to be allowed to rise by training.

You are wonderful. Always.

Russell Duffy said...

Lilly>>>I have been diabetic for fifty five years. I know you may not agree but it is the least of diseases and doesn't come close to what you have been through. No BS but i admire you a lot. I had depression but compared to what you go through mine was man flu of the soul. Nothing much to write home about.
As for you reading again or writing as you did...I like the stuff you do now and who cares about speed. I mean the older i get the slower I am and I don't hear the females in my life complaining.
:-)

Russell Duffy said...

ShADow LOR>>>Is that what we are..'Monkeys with typewriters? Cool if yes.

Russell Duffy said...

Blackempress>>>I agree. Sadly not me though.

Always good to see you here.