Monday, 1 October 2012


I’m back in the dream again, the one with the cellist. She is sitting by a fire. The flames flicker in the back ground. Outside it is cold, there is snow on the ground and the trees are covered in a blanket of white. I feel that there is some distance between us for I seem to struggle to reach her even though she is in the same house as me. It is not the same house as before though. It is not a swanky apartment in London. It is more rustic than that. There are large logs by the fireplace and books upon the shelves. After what seems an eternity I manage to get to where she is. The music is melancholic but very powerful. It contains potent emotions that rise within me. As I approach her she looks at me with deep brown eyes, dark brown hair but she doesn’t smile at me. The music becomes more impassioned. I take hold of the cello and as I do she looks at me then smiles. Her lips are ruby red. Her teeth pearly white.I pull the instrument away from her leaving her legs splayed apart. I look again at this beautiful woman then realise it is Polly Jean Harvey.

.
.
.
all words and art are copyright © of Russell 'C.J' Duffy.To view my books on Amazon/Kindle go here: https://www.amazon.com/author/russellduffy -- For another side of CJ go here: sOMeThiNg For tHE wEeKeND, SiR?

No comments: