Tuesday, 11 September 2012


 

The thought of somebody, or somebodies shooting a family of four with murderous intent, bearing in mind two members of the family are children, is a heinous one. It doesn’t bear thinking of. The psychological damage to the children will take a lifetime to deal with if in fact they are ever able to deal with such an ordeal What on earth is that makes individuals treat life like some cheap commodity? Something you can just as easily dispense with as create? I am passionately opposed to capital punishment. Neither because it is barbaric -even though it is - nor because I think it is something a higher authority should pass judgement on but purely as I believe death is no fitting punishment at all. It is after all inevitable, something that comes to us all one day, one way or another. Personally I would prefer to die had I committed such an atrocity rather than have my freedom taken away. If proof be needed how awful a lifetime spent confined is then you only have to see the affect it has had on Liam Brady.

However.
Whoever is guilty of this horrendous crime, and I believe they will be caught, will have to face the full force of the law but even I with my liberal attitudes wonder if on this occasion death would in fact be an appropriate punishment.

.
.
.
all words and art are copyright © of Russell 'C.J' Duffy.To view my books on Amazon/Kindle go here: https://www.amazon.com/author/russellduffy -- For another side of CJ go here: sOMeThiNg For tHE wEeKeND, SiR?

No comments: