Thursday, 13 September 2012


Suddenly, after weeks of having my bedroom window thrown wide to allow a gentle breeze to cool my room, a nip in the air is now announcing autumn’s arrival. I enjoy the heat and sun of summer but I do so enjoy the months when leaves fall and a patina of dew coats the lawn.  Keats nailed the feeling of the season so well:
“Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;
To bend with apples the moss’d cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For Summer has o’er-brimm’d their clammy cells.”
The family were home when I awoke Tuesday morning. The first to greet me, in fact the only one, was Squid. She rushed in my room and bear-hugged the living daylights out of me covering me in kisses, telling me she had missed me. And boy had I missed her. What an odd family we are. Content to let this situation ride its course.
On the work front, the new contract sits well with me. I still get out of bed at around six, shave shower and breakfast, sit for a while at my laptop then start work at nine. The company who hired me need sales so I need firstly to do some research then prospecting. I am collecting names and details of potential clients who I then shall write to (the letter is already composed – I did that yesterday). By Tuesday of next week I shall enough names, about 100 or so, to send out the first wave of mail. This I will then follow up with phone calls, then appointments. It is tough out there at the moment but I am feeling confident. Working from home has ‘fired me up,’ I am hungry for success.

.
.
.
all words and art are copyright © of Russell 'C.J' Duffy.To view my books on Amazon/Kindle go here: https://www.amazon.com/author/russellduffy -- For another side of CJ go here: sOMeThiNg For tHE wEeKeND, SiR?

No comments: