Wednesday, 12 September 2012


Poor old Nick Clegg, the arse end of the pantomime horse known as the CameronClegg Coalition, has dropped a bollock, made a cock-up that has offended not only some Tory toffs but also Lord Carey one time head of the Anglican church. I think it is a bit of a storm in a tea cup to be honest but even if Clegg did intend to use the word ‘bigot’ so what of it? I think anyone who has such anti-homosexual views are deserving of that phrase.

That brings up another debate, one which offends a great many gay people. Should the Anglican Church or, to embrace the whole of that odd doctrine, Christianity as a faith, allow homosexuals and lesbians to marry?

Personally I have no issues whatsoever with same sex people having civil weddings, raising a family and simply getting on with their lives as they see fit . Marrying within the framework of the Christian Church is another matter entirely. The Christian Church, its faith and its followers form a club, much like those in London or if you like the Ritz Tea Rooms, which have a set of rules that those who join have to abide by. I don’t agree with the rules of the Church so I don’t go. I don’t want to join such a club as I prefer to live my life by my own set of moral codes. If gays want to marry and have children then bloody good luck to them but don’t go trying to join a club that has a rigid set of doctrinal values that have existed for millennia. Start your own and worship God in the way you choose to. In other words go direct.

.
.
.
all words and art are copyright © of Russell 'C.J' Duffy.To view my books on Amazon/Kindle go here: https://www.amazon.com/author/russellduffy -- For another side of CJ go here: sOMeThiNg For tHE wEeKeND, SiR?

No comments: