Sunday, 23 September 2012

Toss Pot



As fitful as the seasons are changeable last night I tossed beneath a heavy duvet. The night sky greeted me with a stark scattering of pinpricks.

Lonely, isolated while separated by eons they looked romantic sat still on the chill horizon.

For all my desire true poetry eludes me.

I am too much a child of the times I was born to.

Songs may have poetic lyrics but I so wish my poetry was lyrical.

The whole concept of verse is mathematical; formulated not only by words but by numbers.

I am less a poet but more a dreamer.

Last nights dreams were absent sheltering somewhere distant with sleep.



.
.
.
all words and art are copyright © of Russell 'C.J' Duffy.To view my books on Amazon/Kindle go here: https://www.amazon.com/author/russellduffy -- For another side of CJ go here: sOMeThiNg For tHE wEeKeND, SiR?

No comments: