Monday, 23 July 2012


Summer arrived over the weekend. I really should capture it in a bell jar before it slips away again. The weather has been magnificent. A hot sun blazed down whilst I worked in the garden. I ambled about digging up things that might have been weeds but who would know? They were green and thistly and itched when they touched my skin. Cookie raced about with a ball between his jaws dropping it occasionally for me to pick up and throw which I did. I am currently captivated by John le CarrĂ© who is a master of the craft of writing. I really don’t know how I  missed him first time round but I am making up for it now. The Proms have been on for over a week now and I was delighted to see Daniel Barenboim conducting Beethoven’s 4rd and 4th symphonies. H did the magic spark and fly. The performance was immaculate and there is more to come this Thursday. I am on tender hooks (or is it tenter???)

.
.
.
all words and art are copyright © of Russell 'C.J' Duffy.To view my books on Amazon/Kindle go here: https://www.amazon.com/author/russellduffy -- For another side of CJ go here: sOMeThiNg For tHE wEeKeND, SiR?

No comments: