Wednesday, 18 July 2012

????


I found a snail in our fridge the other week, I have no idea how it got there. It could only have been there overnight for it was still able to ‘hizzle’ out of its shell. It must have been freezing. Do snails feel the cold? I found another snail this morning on the window ledge in the conservatory end of the kitchen. It must have crawled in when the window was opened. Nature is force of its own. We defy it at our peril. There is no up or down in universal terms so when theists speak of going ‘up’ to heaven they are doubly mistaken. There is no heaven nor if there was is it up. Time is also a human concept. It exists so that we can measure the days, the weeks, months and years but in reality they do not exist. Hindus’ believe that our existence is Maya; not real but illusionary. I think they have a point. So many things we are familiar with are manmade: time, religion, roads and towns.

I was in Harlow yesterday for an interview at a cash rich American firm. This company is so wealthy that should they stop production today they would be able to trade, without making anyone redundant for another ten years. Remarkable. The interview went well, at least I think it did. I now have to wait to hear if I have won the post or not.

I finished E.L. James’ “Fifty Shades of Grey” but also Kazuo Ishiguro’s novel. The later is literary fiction the former isn’t. I enjoyed both but for varying reasons. Now I am reading Cormac McCarthy’s “The Road.” Fifty pages in and I am hooked.

.
.
.
all words and art are copyright © of Russell 'C.J' Duffy.To view my books on Amazon/Kindle go here: https://www.amazon.com/author/russellduffy -- For another side of CJ go here: sOMeThiNg For tHE wEeKeND, SiR?

2 comments:

Perfect Virgo said...

A passenger on a lettuce leaf perhaps?

Russell 'C.J.' Duffy said...

Maybe? I was surprsied to see it was still able to move after being inside a refridgerator for many hours.