Thursday, 17 November 2011

Thoughts

Another cold start to the day with frost and fog. I like mornings like these. I like the way the fog rises over the fields mantle grey. I like the way the rabbits sit with ears alert as the crows caw corvine sermons. Everything seems to be slowing down. Life, real life and not the sham all that flock to the office each day lead, is preparing to rest for the duration of winter. If mankind has lost its way then nature hasn’t. Even if the world is warming that is just another part of the cycle, more of the wheel turning. The only part we humans play on that wheel is as we run rodent round spinning on and on and on. Personally, I would like nothing more than to get off and watch. Not so as I could laugh at others in some bogus superior way but just because I have had enough. I feel as though my idendity has been consumed by a monster. I feel as if I am nothing more than another flesh cog in the great machine. All very clich├ęd I know but nonetheless how I feel.


I wrote and finished chapter 30 tonight of the EB. I took a lot of the text I needed for this chapter from another story I had started as it fitted in well, after some minor changes, to the narrative. I also wrote the first 300 words or so of the preceding chapter, chapter 29. As the book progresses so my confidence in it grows. It will sit nicely as a one off in the Fekenham series whilst keeping faith with the rest of the continuity. As it is now November the 17th I have only a fortnight, less in fact, to complete the book. I think I can do it but I must not sacrifice quality just to achieve my schedule. I fully intend to hit the end of January deadline for having five books published on Kindle but will either delay that deadline or even drop the five to four if I have to. It is so important to maintain, however cheap my books may be in literary terms, the standard set by previous books.

I do find it all quite tiring. The late nights and early starts are beginning to tell on me. This morning I wanted nothing more than to roll over for another five minutes sleep. I didn’t though and got out of bed and did sixty press-ups. My ‘breasts’ would make Dawn French sick with envy!

.
.
.
all words and art are copyright © of Russell 'C.J' Duffy. For another side of CJ go here: sOMeThiNg For tHE wEeKeND, SiR?

2 comments:

Perfect Virgo said...

dinslateThe sedentary life of the late night writer might be nurturing those'moobs'!

Perfect Virgo said...

Oops, terrible editing. I allowed the word verification to insert itself! Funny how those random letters often have a feint connection to the point at hand. 'Dinslate' could becoome translate.