Sunday, 25 April 2010

Me and My Monkey




I have a monkey who is very, very smart
Although hopeless at mathematics is very good at art
He doesn’t do paintings of ladies in the nude
But sculpts old banana skins along with bits of food.


The monkeys name is Henry or so I am told
He is hung like a stallion but his passions all run cold
He works in a cabin right near my garden fence
Where he makes lots of noise but very little sense.


I love my monkey
I love my monkey so
I take my monkey
Everywhere I go.


It was only last Tuesday as I sat in my home
Watching bits of TV while sitting on my own
I heard strange noises coming from his shed
I ran down the garden path to find my monkey dead.


How I loved that Monkey
I loved that monkey so
Now I must follow
Where the monkey go.


I cried throughout the day and long into the night
I really worshiped that monkey as one suspects I might
For years I did mourn the passing of my friend
But every good friendship always comes to an end.


How I miss that monkey
I loved him to the end
And when I ate his liver
It was sustenance from a friend.


How I loved that Monkey
I loved that monkey so
Now I must follow
Where the monkey go.



.
.
.I'm an Apeman, I go Ape Man












3 comments:

anonant said...

I fear at times my monkey will escape me and run around flinging poo at all the tourists. I am of course talking about myself. That thin veneer of civilization layered over animal called me.
peace

C.J. Duffy said...

I guess we are all primates.

Russell Duffy said...

Oh boy. What a silly chimp I was.